2014-02-27

Museum Island

An invitation for Shekhawati to participate brought me to the WBHF Community Cultural Hub. For those who like to explore a great source to find new places.

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blue%20Moon/43/214/23

Temple of Portonaccio, Rome + Agrigento, Italy

One of my findings is the Museum Island, which is filled with historical monuments mainly from the Mediterranean countries. The structures are well done and it is fun to explore.

Roman aqueducts and viaducts are to found at man places in France

The information text in the note card at   made me smile: "Museum Island is rebuilt from archaeological sites all over the world.  The builds are in 3D.  Museum Island represents all cultures in Mediterranean Sea, Egypt, France, Libya, Turkey, Romania, Spain. with representative monuments.  Here is an opportunity to visit real historical monuments in 3D."


I am asking myself now if Northern and Eastern Europe, South Africa and the other continents either have no interesting monuments or don't belong this world? ;)

Abu Simbel, Egypt

But exploring the place is really interesting. Walking through gives a much more realistic idea of a structure than just a photo. Some brought back memories of travels and others created in me the wish to visit. I have a new goal, I need to see Abu Simbel. Alone the walk through the model was very impressive.

Abu Simbel, Egypt

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sunny%20Breezes/192/135/22

No comments: